Monday, March 25, 2013

Wood Destroying Fungus Spores:

Health Effects That May Be Caused by Inhaling Wood Destroying Fungus or Wood Destroying Fungus Spores
Inhalation exposure to Wood Destroying Fungus indoors can cause adverse health effects in some people. Wood Destroying Fungus produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances or chemicals (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching Wood Destroying Fungus or Wood Destroying Fungus spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Wood Destroying Fungus does not have to be alive to cause an allergic reaction. Dead or alive, Wood Destroying Fungus can cause allergic reactions in some people.
Allergic Reactions, Asthma Attacks, Irritant Effects
Allergic reactions to Wood Destroying Fungus are common and can be immediate or delayed. Repeated or single exposure to Wood Destroying Fungus, Wood Destroying Fungus spores, or Wood Destroying Fungus fragments may cause non-sensitive individuals to become sensitive to it, and repeated exposure has potential to increase sensitivity. Allergic responses include hay fever-like symptoms such as headache, sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Wood Destroying Fungi can cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to it. In addition, Wood Destroying Fungi can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of individuals whether or not the are allergic.

As always Servall Termite & Pest Control is here for all of your pest control and home repair needs. Contact us today at one of our four convenient locations or visit

No comments:

Post a Comment