Servall Pest Control bringing you the 5 T's of controlling mosquitoes from The Mosquito Squad!
The experts at Mosquito Squad offer solutions for homeowners who want to enjoy their outdoor living spaces and not worry about mosquitoes biting them, their children or guests. Here are their Five T's that homeowners can follow to prevent mosquitoes from taking over their treasured outdoor living space.
1. TIP. Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those in children's sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include tarps, gutters and flat roofs.
2. TOSS. Remove excess grass, leaves firewood and clippings from yards.
3. TURN. Turn over larger yard items that could hold water like children's portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVE TARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment aren't taut, they're holding water.
5. TREAT. Have a mosquito elimination barrier treatment done around your home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad's treatment eliminates up to 90 percent of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
While generally a nuisance, mosquitoes and ticks can carry dangerous diseases such as West Nile Virus and Lyme disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that nearly 300,000 Americans have been sickened with West Nile Virus since it arrived in the United States 11 years ago.
Servall Termite & Pest Control can help you deal with mosquitoes and ticks on your property. Controlling them is vital to enjoying your summer! Give us a call at one of our four convenient locations or visit www.servallpestcontrol.com today!