If you don't want to blow your holiday savings on bug busters, check out Servall's tips on simple, affordable ways to keep your home pest-free this winter:
1. Store items in boxes and plastic sealed containers, rather than cardboard boxes.
2. Keep food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
3. Install screens over chimney vents and openings.
4. Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home.
5. Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around basement foundation and windows.
6. Install gutters or diverts to channel water away from your home.
7. Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home and five feet off the ground.
8. Inspect wires, insulation and walls for any signs of gnaw marks.
9. If you find rodent feces, hear sounds of scurrying in the walls or observe other signs of an infestation, contact Servall Pest Control.
Visit www.servallpestcontrol.com to find out more or call us at 1.800.264.1433!