Ants always lead to unpleasant situations inside you home. Here are some great DIY ant control tips to try before calling in the professionals from the people at the articlesfactory.com.
Ants can pose a considerable problem for homeowners. Due to their extensive colony network, locating and exterminating them is usually difficult. Luckily, there are many home remedies that work. These remedies are excellent forms of ant control.
• Cucumber slices can discourage ants when placed in auspicious areas where ants congregate.
• Place mint leaves or cloves in ant infested areas around your home. Mints will deter ants and freshen up the air in your home at the same time.
• Find where the trail of ants leads from their colony to their food source. Create a small line with a known deterrent across the entry point to the colony. Some deterrents include cayenne pepper, citrus oil, cinnamon, coffee grounds, or lemon juice.
• You can also use the potent strength of garlic to ward off ants.
• Changes in light can alter foraging progress. If will be valuable to leave a low wattage light on near ant activity during the nighttime.
• By mixing on liter of water, one cup of sugar, and one teaspoon of Borax, you can make a deadly ant poison. Saturate some cotton balls in this potent liquid. Place these soaked cotton balls in recycled yogurt containers. Make small holes in the lids, and place these on top of the containers. The holes will allow the small ants to access the interior. Place the containers in the path of the ant trail. The ants will consume this poison and carry it back to the colony. In this way, the colony will be killed. Keep in mind, you should keep this compound away from children and pets.
Protect your home from a wide variety of pests with Servall Pest Control. Serving the Western Kentucky region all year long. Learn more at www.servallpestcontrol.com!